Tuesday, July 10, 2012

WIRED FOR STORY by Lisa Cron

Happy Release Day to Lisa Cron and her new book, Wired for Story!



I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book a few months ago-- I've been on pins and needles ever since, waiting for this day to come so I could shout/blog from the rooftops, "You. Need. This. Book!" (Although I actually reviewed it on goodreads as soon as I finished it. I just couldn't wait.)

I'm predicting Wired for Story as the Next Big Thing in writers' guides. Not exaggerating, it will change the way you approach your storytelling. In fact, it has already helped me improve my own stories. I plan on reading it again and again. It's one of the few books I keep within easy reach in my writing space, stacked with other go-to greats such as Save the Cat!, Plot & Structure, and The Breakout Novelist.

My honest opinion-- I have not been paid in any way, monetary or otherwise, to endorse this book-- is that anyone who has a career in storytelling, whether they be a novelist, short story author, screenwriter or playwright, would be doing themselves a great disservice if they didn't read this book.

The best thing about it is that it isn't so much a "how to write" book as it is a "this is how storytelling works" type of book. Bottom line, it just makes sense. Even to a clunkhead like me.

But don't take my word for it, see for yourself! Pick it up today wherever books are sold. Or if you'd like a little taste of what's inside before committing to reading the whole thing, stop by here tomorrow for a special guest post from Lisa Cron.

Happy writing & reading!
~Lydia

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's going to be a good read :) I'll have to check it out some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually saw this on your goodreads list and tried to buy it a couple of weeks ago. So glad it's finally available!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to get my hands on it... we teach people the art of personal narrative (all spoken, nothing written) but it's all about how storytelling works and we need more books like this

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!